Saturday, November 7, 2015

"Internet Scavenger Hunt"


Internet Scavenger Hunt

Now this was interesting our professor assigned the class to conduct an Internet Scavenger Hunt. Some of the items were obviously easier to find than others.

As I began the assignment one of the topics to be found was right up my alley. He wanted us to find an itinerary for 3 adults and 3 kids to a Disney resort. I cannot remember the specific location, but this was easy because whenever my family is going on vacation I do all of the booking.

There was about twenty questions and we worked in a group of three, so we tried to split the work up evenly, but there was one guy in our group that seemed to be able to find everything at a rapid rate. I must say that one of the most challenging questions was trying to find his middle sisters maiden name. It was like playing detective.

It took our group the entire class session and we still did not complete the exercise. However, there was one group that finished extremely fast and our professor was even amazed.

I believe that our professor was reminding the class of how fast and easy it is for us to dig up information online. However, there is a disturbing piece to this assignment. Some groups were actually able to find our professors middle sisters maiden name in about an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment