Saturday, November 7, 2015

Epic Video 2015


Epic Video 2015

At the beginning of the film I was not able to deduce what was actually fiction and what was fact. However, during the introduction I did notice the narrator mention the death of the newspaper. I know that the circulation of newspapers has slowed down incalculably, but not entirely.

However, I did some research and found that Amazon was launched in 1994 with automated personal suggestions and Tim Berners Lee did event the world wide web in 1998. Furthermore, Google was actually launched in 1998. In 1999, Blogger is founded. In 2002, Friendster is released. In 2003, Google buys Blogger. In 2004, the rise of Gmail gives competition to Microsoft's Hotmail. Microsoft's Newsbot comes as a response to Google News. This all makes sense because the “Epic film was uploaded in 2007.

After that the film seems to hypothesize stating, “In 2008, Google and Amazon merge to form Googlezon.” Then he postulates, “In 2010, the news wars rage between Microsoft and Googlezon.” In 2011The New York Times sues Googlezon, "claiming the fact-stripping robots are a violation of copyright law", but the Supreme Court rules in favor of Googlezon.

I have never been the type that was always really up on media, so I had to do some research. However, I was pretty sure that I had never heard of “Googlezon” and it would have actually make sense for The New York Times to sue another media company.

I did find this film to be very interesting. I would like to see one that predicts 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment